Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh.

After Trump narrowed his list of potential SCOTUS picks to three, my favorite was Brett Kavanaugh.  I liked him better than the other two, Barret and Kethledge. Especially better than Barret. She adopted two black children, which of course is well within her right and I'm not going to say is a bad thing to do, but it certainly tells me where she might fall on the "diversity is our strength" debate. I don't want to risk that. I've heard some refer to Kethledge as "controlled opposition", though I'm not in that camp.

Regardless, I suspected the announcement was going to happen today because big new doesn't get announced on weekends and Trump knows the Republican Puke Party may be running low on days to lead in Congress. Maybe they are, maybe not. Regardless, the pick had to come quick. And quick it came.

Kavanaugh is young, white, male, Christian and apparently quite conservative, though the definition of that word isn't what it used to be. I'm happy with the pick, though. Now start the battle, win it, and get him in the war ASAP.

The left is going to go into full meltdown. This is the worst case scenario for them. The only thing worse is building a border wall, but that's never happening. So this is the worst case. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to have to croak over on the bench before she retires because she knows it'll be several decades before the SCOTUS even goes back to a 5-4 Conservative split. It'll be 6-3 if she goes away. Stephen Breyer isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I don't suspect.

I know a lot of people out there are too soft to actually ever wish for anyone to die, but if you wish the SCOTUS would lean 6-3 in our favor, then that's the only chance. Ginsburg and Breyer aren't going to willingly give Trump their seats, and Sotomayor and Kagan are too young for us to hope that they'll retire even before 2035.

No comments:

Post a Comment