Friday, March 20, 2020

Corona virus is not the major threat

I regret that I have not contributed to this forum for a very long time. 
Now that I am working as a EMT and have been very busy with work in South Africa I have not had the time to write and publish as often as I would like. 
Currently this Corona Virus is no worse than any other flu pandemic that we have dealt with in the past. 
It has risks and threat to unhealthy demographics as well as the elderly and infants. 
The vast majority of children and adults are safe. 
The real threat is the reaction from the private sector, government and the general population. 
I can tell you in the EMS and medical side of things we are worried. 
We are not worried so much about the virus we are worried about the red tape and hinderance this is causing in treating people and the strain it is putting on response. 
We are required to take units out of service for long periods of time from exposures. 
If first responders or medical staff have a slight cough or your temp goes over 98 fahrenheit you most likely will be taken out of work and will not be able to return until you are cleared for the virus. 
This is a serious strain and hinderance to first response and medical treatment. 
I am worried about the majority of our private sector being shut down for weeks and possibly months. 
I am certain we will all pull through this but not without difficulty. 
This is what we all have been preparing for and this is why we are all on this forum. 
God, Guns, Beans and Bandaids is what we need and a plan. 
I trust you all have been trained, informed and educated to deal with the possible challenges ahead and gray man has done much on this forum to aid us all in the future challenges. 
Take care of yourselves and each other. - Islands 

1 comment:

  1. I honestly wonder if this virus wasn't unleashed on purpose to bring on martial law and then the NWO.

    ReplyDelete