Monday, January 29, 2018

Slaughtering the Sacred Cow of "go home safe at the end of your shift".

Not sure if I've posted this from Michael Z. Williamson's Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse, but regardless, it's sure to raise the ire of anyone who blindly supports the police for the sake of blindly supporting the police.

I don't have quite the repertoire of experience the author has, but I do have some. Trauma/medical experience and supplies, weapons, ammo, combat experience in a Middle Eastern war zone and war gaming field exercises in Korea and in Germany during the Winter, a wife with medical experience, etc.

Like the author said, if I call you to come out here, I'm not bringing you out here for a chat, and you might not make it home in the same physical configuration as when you left. That's the nature of it. If that twists your panties, then I suggest that you may need to find another line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment