Monday, July 22, 2013
A basic run down.
This blog is going to be a little of everything. I'll give a basic overview and then follow it up with more detail about what you can expect. Mostly this is my attempt to get used to "blogging" so I can give my FB friends a rest and so I can hopefully reach a larger audience one day. I'm also using this time to get accustomed to blogging via my iPhone app for Blogger. I'll start by giving some random blurbs about myself and my thoughts in no particular order of importance.
- I am a Christian. I won't try to force anything on anyone, but I'm also unapologetic about my faith.
- I am not politically correct, though I am also not racist, sexist, homophobic or any of those other words some people like to label those they disagree with, and I have no time for people who are.
- I am registered "no party affiliation" (NPA) on my voter registration card.
- The rules in my home are the Ten Commandments and the Bill of Rights.
- Even if you aren't a believer, you have to admit that the Ten Commandments are pretty good rules. They'll keep you out of jail!
- I plan to post pictures, articles, my own comments and stories, facts and figures, etc. I will try my best to post things that are verifiable, unless it's an opinion type of post. If I can't verify that's its credible, then I either won't post it or I will tell you that I can't verify it.
- I am politically libertarian with a conservative lean. Keep in mind that libertarian doesn't mean "Libertarian Party" and conservative doesn't mean "Republican Party". I would refer to myself as a "Constitutionalist".
- I support the 2nd Amendment and I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon for the state of Texas.
- I am from the Panhandle of Florida, born and raised. I've had Southern culture and values ingrained into me from birth.
- I guess I should say that I am part of the "survivalism" or "prepper" culture. Spare me the eye rolling and simply read on. I am somewhat new in the culture compared to some but I have a solid foundation of knowledge thanks to the likes of people like J.W. Rawles and members of www.survivalistboards.com. As I learn more, I'll post more on it.
- I am not a conspiracy theorist. I have no time for people who go out of their way o deny all evidence so they can invent their own reality.
- My previous career was registered nursing. I am licensed in the state of Florida. My current career I choose not to elaborate on for right now for my own security. I will only go so far as to say that I have been blessed to learn of the world through it.
- I'm in my late-twenties. I have a wife and one child.
- I am very focused on freedom for Americans from tyranny. I am not anti-government. I am for small government, the way our Founders intended.
- I encourage self sufficiency. Through self sufficiency, there is freedom from control.
- I like 1970's and 1980's rock. Stuff like Peter Frampton, Kiss, ZZ Top, Poison, Mötley Crüe, etc. I like country. I also like "weird" stuff, like Flogging Molly.
More later. The app works alright.