Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Psalm 91

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, 
my God, in whom I trust." 
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare 
and from the deadly pestilence. 
4 He will cover you with his feathers, 
and under his wings you will find refuge; 
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 
5 You will not fear the terror of night, 
nor the arrow that flies by day, 
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, 
nor the plague that destroys at midday. 
7 A thousand may fall at your side, 
ten thousand at your right hand, 
but it will not come near you. 
8 You will only observe with your eyes 
and see the punishment of the wicked. 
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD, who is my refuge- 
10 then no harm will befall you, 
no disaster will come near your tent. 
11 For he will command his angels concerning you 
to guard you in all your ways; 
12 they will lift you up in their hands, 
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; 
you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; 
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; 
I will be with him in trouble, 
I will deliver him and honor him. 
16 With long life will I satisfy him 
and show him my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment