Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Free Speech/Save our History Rally in Pensacola, Florida.

In Pensacola, Florida we have a park called Lee Square with a monument commemorating the Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. I'm sure you see where this is going. There is a rally planned for August 26 at 0900 to support protection of the monument.

I expect AntiFa to be there.

The mayor has thrown his support behind removing the monument, but has said he will leave it up to the city council. I know that at least one member of the city council, Lumon May, will vote to remove it.

Come out to the peaceful rally and support our history. I guarantee you that the founding fathers will be next to go.

3 comments:

  1. I have written all members of the city council--all thanked me for my views. Only two said they would vote against removing the statue. The others did not comment which way they were voting. I believe it is a shame to remove these statues. They are a memorial to men who fought for their way of life, their farms, and the vast majority were not slave owners. I understand that the cemetery by the Arena said they have a Confederate section and will take the statue, if it is removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm responding to your comment on my petition. Sorry it took so long to get back with you, been extremely busy for the last week.

    But if you wanna talk more, feel free to email me at tolsentech@gmail.com or you can just find me on Facebook. Hope to hear from you soon and hope to see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting back! I and several others have some concerns about attending, such as attitude of local law enforcement towards the event. As much as many of us are ready and willing to stand and support, walking into a potential trap like Charlottesville, can hurt the cause. I'll be in touch.

      Delete