Saturday, August 18, 2018

Draw from holster and fire quickly.

Below you'll see a pic of a shot I fired yesterday at 7 yards. I drew from the holster, got sights on target, both eyes open, fired one shot, all in under one second. That silhouette is about half man-sized.

I find that just standing and firing round after round at the target, from time to time I have to stop myself and readjust and get back into the fundamentals, because at some point you start to get lazy if you don't keep focusing on that. But with the quick draw and fire, a lot of my rounds end up close to where that one did. There's no anticipating the recoil, no bad trigger squeezes, no bad sight pictures, etc. Of course not every shot lands in the X but you may notice that you're shooting much better than you thought you would at that speed.

It's important to develop this skill set. Your attacker may not give you more than one second, and certainly won't give you the time to roll through your fundamentals and get yourself set right for a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment